Posted 38 minutes ago
Locums Psychiatrist Need in the Bay Area
Have you Applied Before?
Login to apply using your existing application:
First Time Applying?
Create an account to manage your application.
I have a facility near San Rafael in need of a locums psychiatrist starting as soon as credentialed and ongoing through the summer. Would you be available?
- March 5-Aug 26 with potential to extend
- Full time only, either 5-8 hour shifts or 4-10 hour shifts.
- 100% inpatient correctional facility-Located 16 miles north of San Francisco
- 12-16 patients per day
- There are medical doctors on staff along with other Psychiatrists.
- The doctor will have a guard with them for Psych evals along with protective gear.
- Serve periodically as psychiatrist-of-the-day for on-call/call back during weekend and off-hours for patient emergencies, Mental Health Crisis Beds follow up, and 5-day follow-ups;
- Must be comfortable meeting with mentally ill patients/inmates.
- Meet with mentally ill patients for crisis interventions, face to face interviews, etc. Must be able to provide face to face interviews at cell fronts in inmate housing units. In some institutions, multi-tiered housing units may require the ability to climb stairs and walk long distances.
- Conduct initial mental health evaluations including criminal, psychiatric and substance abuse case history to assess inmates/wards current needs and make treatment recommendations for the initial evaluation.
- Conduct clinically sound suicide risk evaluations including clinical reviews, applying suicide risk assessment protocols, pertinent data/chart reviews, proper documentation and consultations as needed;
- Adhere to all procedures of the prison unit to assure patients have the treatment they need and consult with other physicians to ensure proper care is given, give proper documentation and be able to look at past documentation on patients.
- Psychiatrist, Senior Psychiatrist or designee;
- Instruct health care providers, and staff assigned for special training on the principles and practices of psychiatry.
For more information, e-mail email@example.com or call 855-838-8787.
I have worked with most of the Locums companies in my area- they call all the time. When Fusion calls, I pick up. I continually return to Fusion because they listen to me, make sure I have what I need to do the job, and find me great places to work.
They are the best!! They make it very easy to work with them. Angela has been wonderful!
Staff is always helpful and understanding of your needs. Very responsive getting information to you of opportunities and help get you set up schedule wise along with accommodations. Receptive, cordial, and systematic with helping you achieve what will benefit you regarding your goals with the related requirements necessary for you to attain assignment. Would recommend them to my colleagues.
It was great to work with the staff, always responsive and helpful, personable. They carefully consider your interests / goals and try to accommodate them and have been excellent guides for a new hospitalist.
Very pleasant staff. Approachable and always responding quickly to my questions or concerns.
Thank you for all your help.