Posted 27 minutes ago
Locum Inpt Psychiatrist Coverage Needed Near Fresno, California
Have you Applied Before?
Login to apply using your existing application:
First Time Applying?
Create an account to manage your application.
An inpatient correctional facility is in need of a Psychiatrist starting as soon as credentialed and ongoing. The facility is located about an hour South of Fresno, California.
- 100% inpatient correctional facility.
- There are medical doctors on staff along with other Psychiatrists.
- There will be a guard present during Psychiatry evaluations along with protective gear.
- Serve periodically as psychiatrist-of-the-day for on-call/call back during weekend and off-hours for patient emergencies, Mental Health Crisis Beds follow up, and 5-day follow ups;
- Must be comfortable meeting with mentally ill patients/inmates.
- Meets with mentally ill patients for crisis interventions, face-to-face interviews, etc.
- Must be able to provide face-to-face interviews at cell fronts in inmate housing units. In some institutions, multi-tiered housing units may require the ability to climb stairs and walk long distances.
- Conduct initial mental health evaluations including criminal, psychiatric and substance abuse case history to assess inmates/wards current needs and make treatment recommendations in the initial evaluation.
- Conduct clinically sound suicide risk evaluations including clinical reviews, applying suicide risk assessment protocols, pertinent data/chart reviews, proper documentation and consultations as needed;
- Adhere to all procedures of the prison unit to assure patients have the treatment they need and consult with other physicians to ensure proper care is given, give proper documentation and be able to look at past documentation on patients.
For more information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 855-838-8787.
I have worked with most of the Locums companies in my area- they call all the time. When Fusion calls, I pick up. I continually return to Fusion because they listen to me, make sure I have what I need to do the job, and find me great places to work.
They are the best!! They make it very easy to work with them. Angela has been wonderful!
Staff is always helpful and understanding of your needs. Very responsive getting information to you of opportunities and help get you set up schedule wise along with accommodations. Receptive, cordial, and systematic with helping you achieve what will benefit you regarding your goals with the related requirements necessary for you to attain assignment. Would recommend them to my colleagues.
It was great to work with the staff, always responsive and helpful, personable. They carefully consider your interests / goals and try to accommodate them and have been excellent guides for a new hospitalist.
Very pleasant staff. Approachable and always responding quickly to my questions or concerns.
Thank you for all your help.