Posted 3 hours ago
Medical Director Kansas City
Have you Applied Before?
Login to apply using your existing application:
First Time Applying?
Create an account to manage your application.
Location: Kansas City
Specialty Needed: Addiction Psychiatry
BC/BE Requirements: either
Length Of Assignment: ongoing
Facility Type: Outpatient
Patient Volume: 10-15
Call Requirements: no
Other Information: Medical Director
a leading provider of opioid addiction treatment services. BHG provides medication assisted treatment and counseling services in a conventional outpatient setting.
* Ensure the timely completion of admission physicals, annual physicals, medical histories, laboratory testing (including TB screening) consistent with state and federal regulations, accreditation standards and sound medical practice
* Review all laboratory results as well as medical documentation from other healthcare providers and manage each patient according to established best practice and accrediting and regulatory guidelines
* Screen patients for common medical co-morbidities and evaluate co-existing medical conditions to identify potential medication impact/drug interactions, to include over-the-counter (OTC) medications
* Prescribe and titrate the appropriate dosage of methadone or suboxone consistent with the patient’s medical and addiction history to establish a maintenance dose
* Order dose increases, decreases, detoxification, or supervised withdrawal after assessment of the patient and his/her current treatment history
* Write medical orders based upon the individual needs of the patient and sign off on all medical orders within 72 hours. Review medical therapy and document those activities in the patient’s chart
* Whenever necessary, collaborate and coordinate care with other physicians, clinics or hospitals participating in the treatment of program patients
Alliance Recruiting Resources, Inc.
Be the first to review this employer!